Sunday, November 10, 2013

Contributing to Sustainability

Alternative Transportation
 As a student and as a commuter as well, I contribute to sustainability every day that I go to school through the use of alternative transportation. Since my school is far from our house, I often take public means of transportation like riding jeepneys and trains. And whenever I need to go to places which are not very far, I grab the chance to either ride a bike or walk/jog to my destination which would also serve as my exercise. Not only are these means of transportation cheaper, they also help in reducing the consumption of fuel and electricity, which are sources of energy of modern transportation vehicles.

Recycling Paper

 Another simple act that I can do to contribute to sustainability as a student is through recycling paper. Paper is one of the most commonly used materials in school may it be in notebooks, books, research and test papers, etc. It would be a great contribution if each individual in school would do their share of maximizing the use of papers. For example, some of my notebooks from the last semester still has empty leaves. I chose not to buy new notebooks and decided to use the empty pages for my subjects for the second semester. And for research papers which would not be used because they were returned to us after checking, I use the back pages as scratch papers when I need to solve math problems or make reviewers for exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment